Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!!!

Due to the snow day toady, there will be no Academic Games practice this afternoon. On-Sets worksheets that were due today can be turned in after the winter break. Additionally, I will post the Elementary and Middle Ling packets here over the weekend. Those will be due in mid to late January.

To tide you over, a round worth of propaganda examples from section A. Leave your answers in the comments. i will post the suggested answers there before the end of the weekend.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and peaceful winter break, and we will see you in the new year.

1) I don't know whether that statement is "prejudice" or "tabloid Thinking," so I'll pass on this one.

2)Assistant Football Coach: "I would like to show you some new plays I came up with"
Head Football Coach: "I'm not interested in new plays. we haven't changed a play in ten years, and we've done ok."

3)Tin Man: "But suppose the Wizard doesn't give me a heart?"
Dorthy: "Oh, but he must; we've come so far."

4)Mrs. Pratt knows she was rationalizing. Before we criticize Mrs. Pratt, we should ask ourselves if maybe we rationalize sometimes too.

5)The rioting by Catholics in Northern Ireland is a direct result of the government allowing Protestants to march through the Catholic neighborhood.

6)Superintendent Mollie Pitchford: "I am not going to appoint Ronald Brown as principal of Adams High School. All these men think of is sports, and they pamper the coaches.

7)We have already sent 150,000 troops to Iraq. We have committed ourselves. If things worsen, we will have to send more.

8)So what if I didn't pay taxes on my second job? My employer didn't declare me as an employee of his firm.

9)Buying a house in Beverly Hills is easy. All you need is a lawyer, a real estate agent, and a winning lottery ticket.